Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 4

Today I was finally able to have my robot run the course, a couple of days late but it ran the course.
One of the main reasons I was not able to run the course well was the way that my robot was built,it was not stable enough. I noticed this big time because everytime I tried to fix one problem another one developed. I tried changing small things which helped a bit but not enough, every time something had to be changed the program would have to be change to, it would the course well sometimes but not all of the time.The way I had it first was geared for speed but I changed this hoping to get more stability so it would run the course better but this didn't help that much. I think if it would have been more of the task bot design it would have worked a little better.

But today I decided to run it the problems I had was making the first turn because my wheel got stuck, then second problem i had was my robot being on course I had to tap it a couple of time to fix this.

1 comment:

  1. hey kenny. Congratulations on finally finishing the course. Overall it was a tough challenge and the design of the robot probabaly didnt help with the already tough course. My robot was having some problems too but I just left them so everything would remain constant and I adjusted my program to counter the faulty design. Good work

    ReplyDelete