Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tracktor Pull


The tractor pull was pretty much like the drag rack in a way so I didn't have to spend as much time preparing as i did for the drag race also I didn't have as much time to prepare for this challenge, but I managed to get it done working on it until 11 the night before the the challenge. Again I went without the gear train the reasons for this was I was spending to much time on it and also started to run out of the gears that i want to use on the robot. So I went with the same design as last time with some changes I took the wheel off the front of the robot, but kept that 3rd motor on 1 it gave the robot more horsepower and also made it look big and bad. On my first trail I pulled 4000 grams then for the 2nd trail I pulled 6000 grams I would have went for 7 or 8 for barging right but I didn't have the space. overall I think I learned a lot in this challenge I must say this was one of my favorite challenges so far. The gears that I used were a 16 tooth gear on the motor and a 40 tooth gear on the wheels. The gear ratio that I used as stated before with the gears I used. The ratio was 16/40=2/5.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kenny for your post. I'm noticing that you did not answer all of the elements of the prompt. Can you provide a bit more detail on:
    -Your gear ratios and calculations.
    -What other variations did you include in the design of your robot?

    ReplyDelete