Monday, March 16, 2009

drag race blog


The other day we had our drag race, this was the challenge that I have been looking forwarded to since the start of the class.But the other had preparing for this challenge was not a walk in the park preparing for this task was very stressful, manly because i spent most of my weekend preparing for it. I started by trying to build a gear train but that was to much work and it was not working, so in the long run I went without the gear train, but geared my robot for speed I used a 40tooth gear on the motor and a 8 tooth gear on the wheel. I decided to use a 3rd motor on my robot so that I could have some more horsepower on in. I Did make some other small changes to my robot that was mainly adding beams and longer axles
On challenge day everything was ready to go when we did our runs to make it far we all put sound sensors on our robot so they would take off at the same time. We also used a speaker that was in the class room and played some metallica for the start. The robots were to fast to get an accurate time with did kinda suck so it turned out that I came in second. The gear ratio that I used as stated before with the gears I used. The ratio was 40/8=5.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kenny for your post. I'm noticing that you did not answer all of the elements of the prompt. Can you provide a bit more detail on:
    -Your gear ratios and calculations.
    -What other variations did you include in the design of your robot?

    ReplyDelete